2023 Xfinity U.S. Gymnastics Championships
SAP Center, San Jose, California USA
August 24-27, 2023
Texas native and Stanford Freshman Asher Hong ended his day with his favorite event, pommel horse, and with the lead in the individual all-around artistic gymnastics competition. Fresh from his all-around title at the Core Hydration Classic this month, Hong and his fellow Stanford team mates provided plenty of excitement for the crowd. Khoi Young of Stanford earned the top score on Men’s Floor.
Following session 1, Hong is currently No. 1 in the senior men’s all-around with a cumulative score of 85.615, just ahead of Yul Moldauer (Arvada, Colo./5280 Gymnastics) in second with an 85.548 and Fred Richard (Stoughton, Mass./University of Michigan) in third with an 85.469.
At the close of competition on day 1, here are the top 10 in the all-around.
1. *Asher Hong, Stanford, Calif./Stanford, 85.615
2. Yul Moldauer, Wheat Ridge, Colo./5280 Gym, 85.548
3. *Frederick Richard, Ann Arbor, Mich./U of Michigan, 85.469
4. Khoi Young, Stanford, Calif./Stanford, 84.781
5. Paul Juda, Ann Arbor, Mich./U of Michigan, 84.352
6. Colt Walker, Stanford, Calif./Stanford, 83.811
7. Donnell Whittenburg, WAUKESHA, Wis./Salto, 83.622
8. Riley Loos, Stanford, Calif./Stanford, 83.369
9. Shane Wiskus, Sarasota, Fla./EVO Gym, 83.150
10. Dallas Hale, Houston, Texas/Cypress Academy, 82.890
Top Score in the individual events.
1. Khoi Young, Stanford, Calif./Stanford, 14.650
1. Stephen Nedoroscik, Sarasota, Fla./EVO Gym, 15.457
1. Donnell Whittenburg, WAUKESHA, Wis./Salto, 15.261
Men’s P Bars
1. Curran Phillips, Sarasota, Fla./EVO Gym, 16.147
Men’s H Bar
1. *Frederick Richard, Ann Arbor, Mich./U of Michigan, 15.105
1. Kameron Nelson, Columbus, Ohio/Ohio State, 13.950 (only 1 with 2 vaults)
Competition in the Senior Men’s Division wraps up on Saturday afternoon, starting at 4 pm pacific time.